Thursday, March 4, 2010

Classy Killing

I first watched the Silence Of The Lambs starring Jodie Foster as the first Agent Starling (leading lady of the movie) on tv and I soon grew fond of this peculiar character called Lecter. I know Hannibal has been an old movie but I cant recall ever watching it. Directed by Ridley Scott and from a Thomas Harris novel, Hannibal Lecter kept me thinking.

From the beginning when he was first introduced in Silence Of The Lambs, he was an intriguing character which helped assist Agent Starling with the capture of Buffalo Bill. Soon after his escape in movie 1# then his story starts to develop in movie 2# Hannibal.

In the movie Hannibal, what's interest me most is his character that grew a certain fond and connection with Miss Agent Starling. I cant seem to understand how and why does he not kill Agent Starling?? Since she's the only one that Lecter has been giving chances to allow his capture. I may not possess a criminal mind, but its in human nature that when you're being chase at, most humans would run. Yet Lecter keeps on teasing and encouraging Starling, how he calls her by her first name Clarice. Its funny how certain criminals develop a bond with their foe.

"So what do ya think, Cordell? Does Lecter want to fuck her or kill her or eat her alive?", Mason Verger.

He didn't kill her, He didn't eat her and He sure didn't hurt her. Well I would say he would have love her. He stitched up her bullet wound, bought her a pair of Gucci heels. Part of his crime master plan, a tease or a mere symbol of affection and love? I would love to further understand this connection of enemy and ally.

His methods of killings are Lecter's art form. With his cool and calm traits, he is able to cannibalize on his victims without being incarcerated. Disgusted by his acts but adore his mind and thoughts. He is one of my favorites.


- Love it or Hate it -

No comments:

Post a Comment